The VirtualBox team today released a significant new version of Oracle VM VirtualBox, its high performance, cross-platform virtualization software.
This version is a major update. The following major new features were added:
- Improved Windows 8 support, in particular many 3D-related fixes
- GUI: VM groups (bug #288)
- GUI: expert mode for wizards
- GUI: allow to alter some settings during runtime
- Support for up to 36 network cards, in combination with an ICH9 chipset configuration (bug #8805)
- Resource control: added support for limiting network IO bandwidth; see the manual for more information (bug #3653)
- Added possibility to start VMs during system boot on Linux, OS X and Solaris; see the manual for more information (bug #950)
- Added experimental support for Drag’n’drop from the host to Linux guests. Support for more guests and for guest-to-host is planned. (bug #81)
- Added support for parallel port passthrough on Windows hosts
- Enhanced API for controlling the guest; please see the SDK reference and API documentation for more information
Besides, there are numerous fixes and minor items added.
You can download the software from: http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads