I like stackoverflow.com. In particular,
- It covers a vast variety of technical areas
- When a question is post, you will get responses quickly
- People can vote on the questions and answers
- I like the features of reputations, badges which unlock privileges for users
- Using tag to do filtering on the questions is easy and nice. Besides, reader can revise the tags too!
- Better support on formatting the post.
Stackoverflow.com is really a good “Q&A”-style site But if I were to treat stackoverflow as a forum. I would say there are things that is missed,
- The current way of showing the topic list is inefficient. I would like to see a list of the topic title only, instead of overview (including vote counts, summary) of the topics.
- Similarly, the detail page is not good discussion for interactive discussion.
- There is no sticky posts feature as in standard forum software.
OK, I know stackoverflow is not a forum….. Besides, I am a newbie in stackoverflow.com. May be the more I use stackoverflow.com, I more I will like it! 🙂