As this moment, the timeline feature is still in beta stage and is therefore available to developers only.
Having said that, as long as your Facebook profile is verified, you can activiate this by first turning your profile as a developer. This can be done by following the steps below:
- Login to Facebook by using your verified Facebook profile
- Goto the Facebook Developers App
If this is your first time accessing the Facebook Developer App, you will be prompted for the password and permission is requested.
- Once you have access to the Facebook Dev App, click the “Create New App” button at the upper right corner of the page. Simply enter anything in the “App Display Name” and “App Namespace” fields.
- Continue the creation of the new app by entering the captcha. Once the app is registered, the “Basic Settings” page will be displayed.
- Click the “Open Graph” menu item at the left column menu to display the “Getting Started with Open Graph” page.
- Type in a new action name (e.g “eat”) and an object name (e.g. “cake”) and click “Get Started”. If the input values are accepted, the “Action Type” detail page will then be displayed.
- Click the “Save Changes and Next” button at the bottom of the “Action Type” detail page. The “Object Type” detail page will then be displayed.
- Click the “Save Changes and Next” button at the bottom of the “Object Type” detail page.
- Finally, click the “Save and Finish” button to complete setting the Open Graph data for your app.
- Goto www.Facebook.com and go to your own profile page by click your name next to the profile pic at the upper left corner of the page.
- A new header section “Introducing Timeline – A new kind of Profile” should now be displayed. Click on “Get it now”.
That’s all. You should now have the timeline profile enabled.